Scrivener 1.0.3 won't work after update

Hello, I used the “Check for Updates” in Scrivener 1.0.1 which I’m running in Windows 7. I was offered update 1.0.3 and accepted. After the update was complete, clicking on the Scrivener icon no longer had any results. The program doesn’t start. Looking in the task manager doesn’t show Scrivener running as a process or an application. I had the same lack of results when I restarted Windows.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Scrivener?

Same here: Scrivener Windows was un-launchable after update. Checked taskmgr to see if there was a hung process – could see nothing that looked like it was associated with Scrivener, either in the programs or process lists.

In my case, uninstall and reinstall has made no difference: Scrivener will not launch. Will try again after full system restart, on assumption that there’s a hung process with a non-obvious name.

EDIT: That seems to be the case. For others experiencing this problem, it may be possible to omit the uninstall/reinstall step. [Editorial: in the post-WinNT system architecture, it should never be necessary to restart the system after the install/update of ordinary software.]