Scrivener 2.0 - Coming Soon (No, Really)

It is very exciting. Well done!

oooh it looks… so lovely…

when are we taking orders then?? huh huh ???

…readies the readies…

I also feel that I can’t wait, but I know I have no choice!

If you love us, though, please, please, please, get this out before NaNo starts this year! I need some of those features really badly.

BTW, is there going to be an upgrade price or do we have to buy ‘in full’? I don’t mind, I just want to know and I didn’t see it on the blog. I apologise unreservedly if I missed it.

Thanks so much for all the hard work and love that has so obviously gone into this. I have said it before, but Scrivener really has been life-changing for me, and this update looks amazing.

H.

I am sooooo ABSOLUTELY salivating!

Dis~

It’s in the blog announcement, but down toward the bottom. Here is the relevant portion:

WONTON FLOOZIE!!

is it wrong to be planning your next few weeks around the release date…???

Please keep in mind my first baby is due to be born late october (28th to be exact)… so if you release on the 28th… much as I’d like to… apparently we’re not going to call the baby Scriv… :wink:

Dammit! What about as a middle name? :slight_smile: (Seriously, though, enjoy the last few weeks of peace - our third is now eight months old and the memory of what it was like to be able to lie in bed on a weekend with the papers is distant and faded.)

Thanks all for the enthusiasm!
Keith

Many thanks to Dan Moren of Macworld for covering our press release about Scrivener 2.0 so nicey:

macworld.com/article/154084/ … ener2.html

Kevin wrote:
“(Not Kevin)
Being “gruff and quirky” since 2007.”

If I was you right now Kev, I wouldnt be hiding my light under a bushel. If I was you right now Kev, Id be feeling really…PROUD. :slight_smile:
Bravo Maestro!
vic

This is the first time ever in my life that I have waited with anticipation for the release of a computer program. I suppose I have graduated to official geekdom. Scrivner 2.0 will be my Diploma.

Not quite. Geekdom is when you lust for the new chipset that will be released 18 months from now.

You have progressed into a state known as “KB fandom”. This state is much less offensive to everyone than geekdom. It is also much safer.

KB fandom indeed. Look forward to 2.0, Keith!

Thanks as ever for your hard and conscientious work,

David

Regarding ‘Custom Icons’ the blog post states:

“…by providing a way for you to assign custom icons to documents […] you can easily set up other folders that you want in your projects and assign them meaningful icons […] A number of default icons are provided with Scrivener, including the ones in the screenshots above.”

Does this mean I can bring custom icons into Scrivener and then assign them to documents and folders, or that I select icons from the default set that is provided?

It means both. :slight_smile:

Actually it means all thrice, you missed one. It is possible to place icons into the project too, so that they can be viewed and shared by others. So you’ll be able to import icons into “Scrivener”, making them universally available to all of your projects, or have custom icons particular to a specific project, as well as have access to some handy presets.

Nicely done! Thanks…

Has everyone seen this? – a great review of Ver 2!

Scrivener won’t be coming to the Commodore 64 any time soon? Oh, the horror! That’s just as bad as it won’t be coming to the iPad …

As you can see I’m voicing my concern for the stuff that really matters … :wink:

What I’m a bit surprised by though, on a more serious note, is that not more people raise their voices in exaltation over the fact that Scrivener will now export to Epub.

Maybe the ramifications are lost by some, but it actually means that everybodys novels can now be instantly published.
And everybody will learn that pagelayouts don’t matter.

Kudos to Keith and the whole Literature and Latte factory for creating such a powerful piece of software and incorporating this big improvement (that is also beginning to pop up in more and more (wordprocessing-)programs).

I think Fluff says it best: Halleluja!

I am very happy the new version is coming out soon, can’t wait to update my version with the new one! I simply love Scrivener, couldn’t write on any different program!

I have one question though… Will it be possible to have different dictionaries than the English one? As well as, If you’re using Word, you can set up an autocorrect for anything you need. When you have a letter with an accent, type is slightly differently - it should automatically replace it with the correct accented version. Will this feature be available in the new version?

I know the language and localization issue has been widely discussed over the board, but using the search menu I could not find any update. In case I didn’t use it the correct way, apologies about that.

With Scriv 2.0 so many goodies come that it’s hard to decide about what to freak out. So most of us stand paralyzed, I assume.