Scrivener 2 Freezes/Crashes When I Try To Open A Scene

Hi there,

I had a quick look around, and tried a few searches, but I couldn’t find anything that fit my question. Ever since I made the upgrade to Scrivener 2, the opening scene of my novel refuses to open. Every other scene in all the other chapters work fine, but trying to get to the opening scene causes Scrivener 2 to crash every time. I tried copying the contents in the manuscript mode so I could delete the offending scene, but it won’t allow itself to be deleted, either.

Is there anything I can do to not have to recreate my entire novel? Even though it would be all cut and paste, it would still be a pain to have to do this.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Are you using the latest update, 2.0.5? (Go to the Scrivener menu and select “About Scrivener” to check.) If not, go to Scrivener > Check for Updates… to get the latest version and see if the issue continues. If so, could you please zip up your project and send it to kb-tech-support@literatureandlatte.com? I’ll be happy to take a look.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the 2.0.5 version of Scrivener, and it’s only been since the upgrade that I’ve been having this problem.

However - Because I’m one of those paranoid people who is afraid of letting their writing into the wild, I was in the process of replacing all the text with Lorem Ipsum in the manuscript mode, when it suddenly allowed me access to the folder again. I tried copying the text out of the original document from the manuscript mode, then deleting it, and it allowed me access. Pasted it back in, and it’s working fine now. I still have no idea what went wrong, but that’s how it got fixed.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Enjoy!

I’m glad it’s working again for you at least, although I’d love to know what was causing the issue - if you have any more problems, please let me know.
Thanks!
All the best,
Keith