Scrivener 2 not syncing all my Simplenote Notes

Hello, I am having a bit of a frustrating problem, and hope that it is simply on my end. I have gone through all my Simplenote notes (a substancial amount) and tagged the ones pertaining to a certain writing project with a specific/unique tag (tBoW). Now, I go into the latest version of Scrivener (as of today [2011.02.03]) and go to sync with Simplenote. I have setup a folder in my Scrivener project to send the notes to, and I tell it to sync the notes containing the tag “tBoW”. The problem is that only 35 notes transfer from Simplenote, of the over 100 that I need to sync. I have gone through the notes on Simplenote and the tag is correct (no misspellings or missing tags). Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Sincerely,
Daniel Paradise

Scrivener doesn’t use tags in Simplenote for syncing. For Scrivener to recognise a note as belonging to a project, the project keyword (as defined in the Simplenote sync sheet) must be included in square brackets at the end of the first line of the text. See the manual for details, or the instructions in the Simplenote sync sheet (which can be accessed by clicking on the purple “?” button).

Hope that helps,
Keith

Thanks, Keith. As always, your advice is exactly what I needed. I have just finished importing all my notes and I thank you sincerely. Quick follow up question, if I now want to delete all the synced notes from Simplenote (clean it up a little), can I do so in Scrivener by checking the box titled “Delete from Simplenote any project documents not selected for syncing” or “Delete from Simplenote notes marked for this project but not selected for syncing”? Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Daniel Paradise

Glad it helped! And yes, both of those options will cause notes to be deleted from Simplenote if you want to clean things up. It’s usually best only to tick “Delete from Simplenote any project documents not selected for syncing” (which is the only one ticked by default). This will delete from Simplenote any notes that have been synced but which you have now unticked. The other option (“Delete from Simplenote notes marked for this project but not selected for syncing”) will delete any notes from Simplenote that seem to be marked for this project but haven’t yet been synced, and which you have unticked. That could result in you losing the only copies of such notes (so you will be prompted to confirm if you tick that). So, if you want to clean up, generally just tick the former.

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Keith