Scrivener 3.0.3 files crashing that were created in Mojave OS

As of yesterday, I’ve updated my Mac OS from High Sierra to Mojave. Consequently, any new Scrivener files created in the Mojave OS continually crash Scrivener 3.0.3, regardless of the file size or content. If at all possible, I’d like to avoid reverting back to High Sierra due to higher security risks, etc. Obviously, if that is my only workable solution, I’ll do it.

But has anybody else had issues with their Scrivener files after installing Mojave?

p.s. And has anybody figured out yet how to send zipped files over 25 MB to support to see if they could find the issue on their end? I’m scratching my head on how to send over my zipped Scrivener files that are larger than 25MB.

The easiest way to send a very large project is to upload it to the cloud service of your choice and send the support team the link. But a better option is to create a small test project and see if it also demonstrates the problem.

Please also send a copy of the crash report, The automatic crash reporter doesn’t go to the main support address.

Without having seen either the project or the crash report, the first thing I would try is a preferences reset:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … references

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for responding so quickly! I reset my preferences but that didn’t solve the problem. Per your advice, I just sent an email to mac.support@literatureandlatte.com with the crash report along with the attachment of a small project that duplicates my problem.

Thank you for your help.

I think I found the cause of the bug that was causing my files to crash and not reopen. See below.