Scrivener 3.1.1 crashes on file open and save (Mojave 10.14.1)

Hey there,

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with Scrivener since the Mojave update. I used the trial for a few weeks and I just recently purchased it on the App Store. I had problems with the app crashing so I followed the other thread and downloaded the 3.1.1 installer from the site.

The issue that I’m having now is that whenever I try to open any previous Scrivener files from my trial period, the app crashes. I initially thought my files were somehow corrupted but whenever I create a new file, the app crashes when I try to save it after writing for a bit. When I try to reopen a file I just created, the app crashes as well. I reinstalled Mojave but I’m still having the same issues.

Any ideas? Thanks!

At this time there are no known issues with project loading, so this might be a new one.

Perhaps there is a setting you commonly use in your projects that is causing a crash. Is there one that you could send to use for analysis? If so, please send a copy to our support address, and make sure to note the forum thread URL so that whoever gets it can put you in touch with me. I prefer to use the File ▸ Back Up ▸ Back Up To… command, which has a built-in option to .zip compress the project, which you’ll need to do to email it.

Also include in your email the contents of the most recent crash log that was a result of this bug. And for a time, I would also enable the Show internal error alerts option, in the General: Warnings preference pane. That can catch early warnings before they lead to more serious problems.