Scrivener 3 compile: setting the font for "no format" text

I want to customize the font used for “no format” text when compiling in Scrivener 3. Basically, instead of the provided “Manuscript (Times)” format I want to create a “Manuscript (Times New Roman)” format. Seems like this should be straightforward, but when I copy the Scrivener format and edit it, I can’t find where one sets the font that will be used for “no format” text.

I can successfully set fonts for all the styles, but that requires me to assign a style for all of the text in my project in order to get it to print with the font I want. The Scrivener documentation suggests one should be able to leave the bulk of text in a project as “no format” and then use compile settings to determine what font gets used for output, but I can’t seem to find it.

I’ve tried selecting a font instead of “Determined by Section Layout” under “Section Layouts” in Compile but that overrides all fonts, not just “no format” text.

Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks.

You just need to set the font for the body text of whatever section layouts are used in your project.

Slàinte mhòr.

JoRo,

That helped lead me to the solution. Thanks!

A pleasure.

Slàinte mhòr.