Scrivener 3 crashes constantly even with only the template window open

Scrivener only stays open for a short time. Then it just shuts down. It doesn’t even give the notice that it crashed, even
when you open it back up again–and even if all there is open is the template window. So far it has only closed when I wasn’t doing anything in it.

1. Using Scrivener 3.1.4
  2. I’m using High Sierra 10.13.6. Is this an issue because I haven’t upgraded to Mojave? I don’t want to upgrade to Mojave because it could mess up my Adobe 6 Creative Suite.

Leisa

The only version that should break Creative suite 6 if i am correct is the current Catalina as it doesn’t run 32 bit apps whereas Mojave does.

The default download from the App store is Catalina though you can still get Mojave by google searching for HT210190 which is a public facing Apple support article.

There is a link to get Mojave from the App store that doesn’t appear if you search from within the App store. To be safe, do a complete backup of your system first.

Of course, the other option would be to abandon Adobe and update to the great and lower cost Affinity products, or others out there.

Please check and see if you have auto-close enabled.

Scrivener -> Preferences -> General -> Automatic Quit.

Katherine