Scrivener 3 - Crashes when trying to change UI font size

So, I have a newer laptop, and with the larger screen resolution, the text of the UI is too small; I tried changing the default windows system font size, but that didn’t affect Scrivener.

To be clear, this isn’t the font size of the projects themselves, but the UI. :slight_smile:

So, I go to Options > Appearance >

And if I click on the Font Option (ie the box that says Segoe), Scrivener just closes.

I’m on Windows 11… any help would be really helpful. :slight_smile: I’m straining my eyes!

Scrivener says it’s Version: 3.1.1.0 (1463331) 64-bit - 03 Nov 2021, and when I click update, it says it’s up to date… is that right?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hmm. I see the latest version is Scrivener 3.1.5.1, so I’ll try installing manually and see what happens and report back. Weird that Scrivener tells me it’s up to date!

(I’ve not used it in a long time!)

That seems to have fixed it… my apologies for clogging up the forum with unecessary nonsense! :smiley:

1 Like

No worries! It’ still useful info for anyone stuck on an older version and running into the same thing. We ran into an issue with the updaters on older versions not seeing the latest version, because they were hard-coded to regard “.1” as a beta version.

Good point. It’s very easy to think that the software is telling you the truth, but November 2021 since the last update seemed… very unlike L&L. :smiley: