Scrivener 3 for Windows and Updated Accessibility

I’m standing outside your virtual shop window and staring at the shiny new Windows app you’re getting ready to release. I’m ready to trade green stuff for good stuff, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to enjoy my purchase to the fullest once I do. With this uncertainty in mind, Ihave the following question, and possibly wish list entry.

Has any thought or effort been put into developing the app in such a way as to make it accessible to assistive technology like screen readers? If yes, lovely! Can someone elaborate on this topic for me so I have an idea of what to expect when I open the virtual box? If not, why not? You should. You’re missing out on part of your market.

I should add here that I’m completely blind, and have been since two months of age. I’m an avid writer, and a visually-minded person who would love being able to plan/lay out my project, keep research and notes close, and avail myself of all the other fantastic features this program has to offer. (If the phrase “spacially-minded” works better for you, feel free to substitute it above, but I’m not bothered.)

Lastly, I’m an accessibility professional working every day to help developers of enterprise-level applications make their digital creations more accessible. If you need a beta tester laser-focused on this one thing, I’m available. I certainly understand that my wish will probably not come true in this release if it hasn’t been incorporated already, but keep it in mind for future development if you would be so kind. I love to write, and I have unreasonably high standards for myself and the tools I use. I’m eying your shop window because your program offers things that no other does, and I want them. Apologies if I’m a bit too wordy, and let me know if there’s an answer to my question or if I can assist in any way. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

:slight_smile: Also, please? I’ll put lots of frosting on top and add sprinkles for free…

You can download the public beta here: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-3-0-beta-release-candidate-10-download-links-change-list/38228/1

We would love to have your feedback.

Katherine

I can now say that not even the installer is accessible to screen readers. Updating the usability of this for someone who can’t see it will definitely take work, but if it ever gets started, I’ll be around to hit it with a hammer until it stops breaking. :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see what you all do! Thanks for letting me have a look.