Scrivener 4

Just curious to know if Literature and Latte are working on a Scrivener 4 ? I realise 3 has only recently been released for Windows. But being a “mac centric” program I am curious to know if the developers are working on a new version (for Mac). Not that I have an issue with Version 3 - I am still learning how to fully use it.

1 Like

L&L do not comment on their development plans.

At some point in the future no doubt there will be and Keith has said he’s busy with development work, however don’t expect to hear anything about those plans until/if there is a beta announcement, and even then, don’t expect a release date more than a very short time in advance.

1 Like

I’ve heard scrivener 6 will include a muse sized Jacuzzi.

2 Likes

Ah, the fabled Jamuzzi!

3 Likes

Wot’s this, you say? Working on Scrivener 4? It appears as though v4 has been in development forever. Will it ever come out of beta and be released? How much longer are the beta updates going to go on? Will it be a free upgrade, or will I have to pay full price? :innocent:

1 Like

My guess is they’ll skip v4 and go straight to Scrivener 10 (which will be pronounced “X”).

2 Likes

Would that be 4.10, or a completely new beta, in which case, that’s it for me. I can’t keep up any longer.

1 Like

I wonder how long it will take KB to recover from this thread….

5 Likes

Maybe there won’t be version numbers anymore. LL stopped noting major feature enhancements and upgrades to the Amber program when it reached version V.

2 Likes

None of you are funny.

Except Jaysen and pigfender. Pigfender because he’s Pigfender, and Jaysen for implying that KB is reading this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My reply was boringly factual, but I quite enjoyed the other responses :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s probably because Amber V achieved self-awareness and has been self-maintaining from that point on.

4 Likes

:eye:

8 Likes