Scrivener crashes when I open it - any ideas?

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed Scrivener for Mac and already worked with it. In the meantime I have updated my operating system to El Capitan. And I have updated Scrivener to its latest version. But now, Scrivener crashes every time I open it. But just the first 2-3 times. After the third time, it opens and says “the program was closed unexpectedly” (in German). I’m a little nervous because I don’t want to work with the program now if it’s that unstable.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards
Andreas

Did you have a project open using he Mac full-screen feature when you last closed Scrivener? There’s a bug in Mac OS X that makes Scrivener crash when it tries to re-open a project on launch if that project was in full-screen mode. The way to avoid it is to always exit full screen before closing projects or quitting Scrivener.

Thank you very much for your help! I think you’re right and that was the problem!

Best, Andreas

Yes, it appears I had the same issue: constant crashes, and sometimes I had to restart my Mac. But this seems to fix the problem. I’ll keep watching to make sure.

–Larry