Scrivener crashing

I’m having trouble with Scriv. crashing about every hour or so. Here is the crash data:

2007-08-10 10:11:51 +1000

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000020

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 objc_msgSend + 16
1 __NSFireDelayedPerform + 463
2 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 3341
3 CFRunLoopRunInMode + 61
4 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 285
5 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 385
6 BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 81
7 _DPSNextEvent + 572
8 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 137
9 -[NSApplication run] + 512

I’m running 10.4.10 on a MacBook, 2GB RAM.

Thanks.

A number of people have had difficulties, especially after upgrading to intel macs,
because their quicktime apps have not installed properly during the upgrade. An easy
way to check this is simply to reinstall your quicktime app and see if that fixes the problem.

HTH

Tim

Geez, that was quick. By reinstall, do you mean trash and redownload? I’ve never reinstalled QT before.

Yes, try that. Let us know if it works.

Best,

Tim

Haven’t had any problems yet, but it probably hasn’t been long enough. Consider it solved unless I repost.

Thanks, Tim.

I’m not sure that would be the problem in this case - if QuickTime isn’t installed properly, Scrivener wouldn’t open at all.

Please take a moment to read the sticky at the top of the Bug Hunt forum about how to report bugs and then provide the information it asks for - saying that Scrivener crashes every hour or so doesn’t really tell me anything. And as stated in the sticky at the top of the Bug Hunt, crash reports say very little on their own. The crash log you posted, in fact, has no information in it at all about anything specific to Scrivener, so I need a lot more info. For instance, when you say it is crashing every hour or so, do you mean on its own? That is, you’re not doing anything with your computer but suddenly Scrivener crashes? I bet not. I really need to know exactly what you were doing when it crashed. For instance, if you were looking at the project statistics, that is a known bug.

All the best,
Keith

Hi KB.

It’s still crashing. I’ll record what happens before it crashes and send you complete crash logs.