scrivener epub cartoon help

Hi,
I’ve been looking for a tool for my wife to use for generating epubs - Scrivener seems exceptionatly useful but I’m not sure if its suitable for what she wants to do. I am fairly technically literate, my wife is less so (hence the reason I am asking the questions).

The intent is to create a cartoon epub, eventually to be published through a service like lulu (so the epub needs to correctly validate etc). She has 3 pages with minimal text on them and no images and the main content being about 30 pages containing one image (a comic strip) each. The images were drawn landscape.

Landscape/Portrait:
Now the main problem is that when I compile an epub in scrivener I don’t get an option to determine the page layout (which is something that is available in other compile output formats).
I could roate the images prior to putting into scrivener so they would be landscape, but that makes them harder to work with/read in scrivener itself. It also means they will be landscape while the text pages stay portrait.

Any advice? Am I missing something/approaching this wrong or is this a lacking feature for scrivener and it isn’t the right tool for this purpose?

thanks in advance

The difficulty is that e-readers don’t really think in terms of “pages.” Remember that the actual page dimensions can change because the user rotated their device, or because they switched to a larger or smaller font. You can’t really make any assumptions about what the page dimensions will be.

It is possible to create fixed layout epubs, but apparently it’s a complex and expensive process. It’s definitely not possible in Scrivener.

(I suspect this is why most image-heavy electronic works are distributed as PDFs instead.)

Katherine