Scrivener export in Tinderbox

The most recent version of Tinderbox (5.10.0) includes export templates which, according to Tinderbox itself, “make sharing information with Scrivener a snap” (see here). How interesting! Can anybody confirm this?

Well, I can’t confirm that it’s “a snap” because I would think that’s a matter of opinion, moreover, I haven’t properly tested it yet (the new version has only been available a matter of hours). But I can confirm that the templates are in the new version, because I downloaded it a few hours ago.

Cheers, Martin.

It is a snap. Just add the template and select your note/container and create a new HTML view and use the scrivener template for export. Rename the file extension before you export or after to .opml and that’s it. It’s working great for me, so far.

It is a snap. Just add the template and select your note/container and create a new HTML view and use the scrivener template for export. Rename the file extension before you export or after to .opml and that’s it. It’s working great for me, so far.

It doesn’t transmit italics, however. :frowning:

As far as italics are concerned, see the explanation by Mark Bernstein, the developer of Tinderbox.

Thanks, that’s useful to know. Yet another reason for using MMD syntax, perhaps.

Martin.

Too bad. On a larger picture, it’s as it always is: Italics is such a volatile format; it disappears far too easily … but it’s more or less the only formatting a novel writer really needs. Everything else is cosmetics.

Unfortunately, this happens all too often: application X announces that from now on, with its new feature Y, the laborious task Z will become a breeze / a snap or whatever they will call it. You try it out, and it takes you exactly two minutes to discover that the feature has indeed been implemented, yes, but that it’s still largely incomplete, and rather useless in its present form.

All too often the desire to impress with some new feature beats the desire to be accurate and complete.

We’re being good citizens and playing by the rules of international data standards – standards which (regrettably) didn’t anticipate your (very reasonable) needs.

And we’ve already undertaken to fix, amend, or circumvent the limitations of the standard.

Good news! Fully featured and easy to use export templates to Scrivener might make me decide to upgrade my Tinderbox license, and to fully incorporate Tinderbox into my workflow.