Scrivener for Windows and Createspace

OK, I’m pulling my hair out here, trying to figure out how to get my manuscript from Scrivener into a format that works with Createspace for a 6x9 trade paperback novel. I’ve been able to compile for manuscript submissions and for ebooks, but the stuff in the Mac version for paperback formatting is (mysteriously, IMO) missing. I just don’t understand why that would be something that get’s left out, but whatever. I have a problem, and I can’t find any solution to it that doesn’t involve the Mac version. So…is there ANY way to get my manuscript in Scrivener into a PDF or whatever that Createspace wants to see, short of manually converting it to the MS Word template provided by Createspace? Surely there must be some Windows Scrivener users who have dealt with this challenge?

Many, many thanks in advance.

There isn’t too much mystery to it: the Mac’s CreateSpace compile preset (the Paperback formatting one) requires oodles of features that haven’t been implemented in the Windows compiler yet. There would be no sense in providing a preset for this, which raised false expectations about what the compiler could produce.

So…is there ANY way to get my manuscript in Scrivener into a PDF or whatever that Createspace wants to see, short of manually converting it to the MS Word template provided by Createspace?

I don’t know if trying to get a manuscript into a template is the best way to go about it. I can’t give you advice on how best to use Word, but using some sort of layout and design software after compiling is what you need to do. Whether you are merging something to a .docx template file, or making a compiled RTF file follow the rules.

At any rate, in general the compiler isn’t meant to produce publication ready documents. In most cases one will be touching up the final output in another program. The Mac can get you a little closer to the “finished” look, than the Windows version currently can, that’s all.