Scrivener freezes on Startup / does not start

Hi everybody,

since this morning I am experiencing a startup-freeze of scrivener.
- After hitting the icon Scrivener will not start only the task bar appears and then nothing else.
- When directly opening a Scriv file, the programm will start to the the last subdocument used and then freezes. I cant click in the text or change docs. Sometimes a little bit of indexing goes on too. After that I can only force quit

I am working on osx 10.6.8
with scrivener 2.41

The console says the following:

16.12.13 21:22:52 SIMBL Agent[154] warning: failed to get scripting definition from /Applications/Scrivener.app; it may not be scriptable. Same error appears wenn opening the “console” but it starts.

Earlier I also found this message multiple times searching the console:
16.12.13 19:51:07 /Applications/Scrivener.app/Contents/MacOS/Scrivener[1727] MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/AY/AYdThrefGqy1BfxKc-4E0E+++TI/-Caches-//mds
This message did not repear after I had deleted every scrivener (programm) related file on the computer and reinstalled. Now only the first error message appears.

A repair of the disk permission rights did not solve the problem.
Installing Scrivener 2.5 and reinstalling did not help.
The problem persists also in safe boot mode.

I appreciate your help. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information that can help solve the problem.
Thank you very much!

Update

A removal of SimblAgent did not solve the problem.

The problem stays the same with either versions (2.41 and 2.5) of Scrivener.

Now the console displayed the following during startup of the programme. Not sure if related.

17.12.13 01:12:35 mdworker[423] socket(PF_ROUTE) failed: Operation not permitted
17.12.13 01:12:35 sandboxd[425] mdworker(423) deny system-socket

I also can not reproduce it after a forced shutdown of scrivener.

Any pointers what could be the problem?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Did you solve your problem after reading what I did in my post “Scriv. not responding”? [bit.ly/1cf2fry]

If not, I suggest you follow what Amber V suggested to me: go to Library > Preferences and drag to the trash any “com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2” preference files. Then restart your computer and see if that works.

If you do not know how to access the Library, in the Mac Finder menu where you see the Apple logo /Finder /File /Edit /View , etc. hold down the option key and click the GO menu. Drop down and select Library.

Best of luck.