Scrivener Header Margin too close to Section Text

Hi!
I am trying to compile my book for a 5 x 8 paperback format. I have everything looking great, except the Header where I have the Author and Book Title - there isn’t any space between the header and the regular section text of the story. I’ve tried various ways of altering the header margin and the page margins, but nothing seems to be working. maybe I haven’t landed on the proper combination? Under compile, I’ve been trying to change the margin in my “section text” section under assign layouts - maybe this isn’t the correct spot? any help anyone could provide me would be so incredibly appreciated, as I’ve been at this for days. Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

I guess the margins for the output document of a compilation are set in the Compile Format Designer under the Page Setting tab:

CompileMargins

Double-Click your Compile Format in the Compile Overview window to open the Compile Format Designer. The Page Settings tab is at the bottom of the menu on the left.

Sometimes people compiling to PDF to a small page format have issues the likes of this one.
If you are indeed compiling to PDF, perhaps try compiling to another format with those very same settings (RTF or docx, for e.g.), that’ll be off the list of potential causes.

You are both lifesavers, thank you! It was totally an issue with the PDF. passing it through docx fixed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like