Okay, where to begin?
I’ve been using Scrivener for Windows for almost three years now, and for the first two years it ran perfectly. Couldn’t have asked for a better software. This is a problem I first noticed a few months ago and if it persists, I may have to ditch Scrivener completely - something I really don’t want to have to do!
I’m hoping someone here can help me. I’m not sure if this is a Scrivener problem or a Windows 10 problem or what. A few months ago, Scrivener took a seemingly random turn for the frustratingly slow. Regardless of the file size, not only will the software lag so much it’s almost unusable, but it affects the rest of my computer as well (most notably with slow-to-load drop-down menus & windows in other programs). I have to restart my PC several times a day and it’s gotten to the point where it’s just frustrating and wasting time. And as I stated, it doesn’t matter how big the file is - all files are affected equally, from the 5k to the 50k.
I’ve troubleshooted to the best of my ability, and I’m at a loss. This is what I’ve done so far:
• Closed all other programs
• Cleared the backups folder
• Disabled backups completely
• Increased the autosave feature as high as it will go
• Uninstalled and reinstalled Scrivener to the latest update
• Checked the Task Manager to see if there’s anything eating up power in the background (there isn’t)
• And yes, I’ve tried turning the computer off and on again - this solves the problem for all of two seconds.
I’m stuck now for what to do next. I’m really hoping this is a fixable issue, since I don’t want to waste even more time trying to find another writing software.
Thanks in advance for any help. (and sorry if this is in the wrong forum board!)