Scrivener just changed the backup folder

For some reason scrivener changed the backupfolder back to the default one. I haven’t updated the os or scrivener itself or anything. Up until now it’s been backing up just fine in the folder i selected.

Any idea why?

Are you talking about the backup folder setting in Scrivener->Preferences, the one that is under Project->Project Settings, or the folder that appears when you use File->Back Up->Back Up To… or the folder it defaults to when you invoke File->Save As? Those are all (mostly) independent of each other, though the Project setting overrides the general application setting for a given project. I think Save as and Backup To might share the same “memory” of what you used with either of them last time.

When i first selected the backup folder, i clicked scrivener, preferences and backup and chose my folder. When i checked preferences again earlier today it had changed back to default. I’d started wondering why i wasn’t seeing any new backups. I’ve only ever used “save”, not save as or backup to.

You may have to reset Scrivener’s Preferences file.

1. Close Scrivener.

2. In Finder, open your Library folder.

3. If you are using the Mac App Store version of Scrivener, go to “~/Library/Containers/com.literatureandlatte.scrivener3/Data/Library/Preferences”. (You’ll be looking for the com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2 folder if you’re using Scrivener 2). If you are using the direct-download version from our website, go to “~/Library/Preferences”.

4. Look for any files that start with “com.literatureandlatte.scrivener3” and copy these to a safe location on your hard drive, like your desktop. (Again, if you’re using Scrivener 2, follow these same instructions but look for com.literatureandlatte.scrivener2 files)

5. Delete the original files that start with com.literatureandlatte.scrivener3 in your Preferences folder.

6. Restart Scrivener.

This will reset the backup location to default, so change it again to the path you want. Close and reopen Scrivener, then check your backup location. Did that fix the problem?

I had the same problem. Do I need to make the arrangement you described? or will the necessary corrections be made in the next beta update?

You are in the Mac forum…