Scrivener Keeps freezing!

Every time I do anything, the whole screen will freeze. I’ve trying uninstalling and reinstalling, but it freezes anyway. I scroll up the page, App freezes, Backspace too quickly. Freezes. try and export/import. Freezes. I recently switched to this program because I’ve heard great things about it. but it is downright unusable right now. I’m trying to do the finishing touches on a novel I’ve been working on for the last two years. boy is it frustrating not being able to edit properly.

I assume you mean the 1.9 Windows version.

Try turning off your antivirus and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes AVs get over exuberant with Scrivener.

Best,
Jin

Also, have you tried working with the Interactive tutorial? If there is a problem there, we have ruled out your manuscript. If not, then we need to determine the differences between your manuscript and the tutorial.

This worked! Huzzah!
Thank you Jim!

Very cool, glad to hear it! :smiley:

There should be some way to have your AV whitelist Scrivener, although I don’t recall exactly whether you should whitelist the project folders, the program folder, the executable itself, or what. :blush:

Perhaps steveshank, who is far more knowledgeable than me on the tech side, can advise… 8)

Best,
Jim