Scrivener MMORPG

Yeah I think we need a Scrivener MMO text based game.

Think like the old Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy game way back in the day.
douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html

Except I think you should start off waking up in the bowels of the Pirate ship on the floor at the bar with an Absinthe induced hangover…

The first thing you see is …

Ah, many of my friends lost a few grade points to MUDs (Multi-User Dungeons) in my college days, which is precisely what you’re talking about… but what if the next NIAD was a choose your own adventure book!? That would be incredible, and Scrivener is uniquely suited to linking all of the choices together. :open_mouth:

a chihuahua with an eye patch and pirate’s hat, lingering near the poop deck. The wheel is fore of you, the captain’s quarters aft. The plank is drawn up port-ward. You are in the crow’s nest.

…the crows are becoming really, rather tetchy!
The poop deck attendant is checking the toilet cubicles for rolls of toilet tissue, before emptying the cash from the condom machine. He’s marvelling at the quality of the obscene limericks scribbled on the cubicles’ walls and doors. He’s mumbling to himself, “Only what you’d expect from a crew of wannabe writers.”

READ WALLS

You cannot read the walls

READ LIMERICKS

What is a LIMERICKS?

READ CUBICLES

I can’t do that with a CUBICLES

READ DOORS

Pardon?

LOOK AT THE WALLS

“There was a young sailor, they say,
Whose clothes were all dreary and grey.
But despite his apparel
He spent time in the barrel
'Cause no-one could find that vic-K”

LOOK AT THE WALLS

“There was a young sailor called Hank
Who was sentenced to walking the plank
It wasn’t for thievery
Or Harm Bodily-Grievely
But 'cause he was found having a moment of solitude to grieve his fiancée left on Dogger Bank”

NORTH

Splash. You have fallen in the water. Score 0/200000000
Play again Y/N

Following Matt’s statement last time…

…I was tempted to have Matt do the same chapter as Bywater, alternative ending style. :smiling_imp:

LOAD SAVED GAME

LOOK

You feel a gentle motion as though the room you are in is rocking gently.

You are in complete darkness. There is no light, not even from the eyes of the black cat that might or might not be asleep in the same room. You can feel what might be coal dust under your feet, but you can’t see it.

You put a hand in front of your face, but you can’t see it.

A voice says: “Oi. Leave my hand alone.”

ppprrrrfffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt - squeaks out of nowhere and a raunchy smell of hot-dogs and hops invades your nostrils. You fumble around as your eyes water, you eardrums almost pop and your teeth almost fall out.

SAY HELLO VIC-K

I do not understand “VIC-K”

YOU’RE NOT ALONE

I know

You can say that again!
No! Don’t! It isn’t funny :open_mouth: :cry:

That game was HARD. I don’t know if I made it out of the house.

You are in a kitchen. There is a cupboard.

Look cupboard

It is a brown, wooden cupboard.

Open cupboard

The cupboard is open.

Look cupboard

There are a number of bottles on its shelves.

Look bottles

You see a wide selection of distilled liquers, beers, and a half-empty bottle of very oxidized wine.

Take ale.

You have a bottle of ale

Drink ale.

You put the bottle to your mouth, but as it’s still capped, no ale comes out.

OPEN BOTTLE

What with, your teeth?

OPEN BOTTLE WITH TEETH

That was supposed to be a sarcastic suggestion.

OPEN BOTTLE WITH BOTTLE-OPENER

You don’t see a bottle-opener

HIT BOTTLE ON CUPBOARD

You hit the bottle on the cupboard. You dent the cupboard door, which swings wide open, revealing its hinges.

OPEN BOTTLE WITH DOOR

How? Seriously. I mean, come on….

PUT BOTTLE IN DOOR

You wedge the bottle in the door hinge

TWIST BOTTLE IN DOOR

You neatly lever the cap off the bottle by using the door hinge.

The ale pours out of the bottle onto the floor.

OH, FOR F*&*'s SAKE

Temper, temper.

Shouldn’t you be getting on with the game, rather than wasting time on your alcohol addiction?

SLAM CUPBOARD DOOR

The door slams shut with such a force that one of the cupboard front legs is dislodged and the cupboard tilts forward, revealing a small recessed handle in the wall.

TURN HANDLE

You turn the handle, and hear a faint rasping noise.

TURN HANDLE

You turn the handle, and hear a faint rasping noise.

PULL HANDLE

You pull the handle. It slides out of its recess with a clean metallic click, but is blocked from reaching its full extent by the tilted cupboard. A grinding noise alerts you and, looking up, you see the ceiling slowly descending.

PULL HANDLE

The handle is blocked by the tilted cupboard.

The ceiling is slowly descending.

PULL HANDLE

The handle is blocked by the titled cupboard

Remember that ceiling? Still descending. It looks heavy.

PULL CUPBOARD

You pull the cupboard away from the wall with herculean effort. You can see that the cupboard had been hiding a hatch.

You bump your head on the ceiling. Or rather, the ceiling bumps into your head. Still descending…

OPEN HATCH

You cannot see anything on the hatch to let you open it.

It’s getting quite difficult to stand, what with the ever decreasing ceiling to floor distance and all.

PULL HANDLE

The hatch swings open and you dive through it, partly helped by the forceful expulsion of air as the ceiling slams down on the floor.

You might be in a room. Or you might not. It is dark. Very dark.

STAND UP

You cannot stand up.

TWIST AROUND

I do not understand Twist Around. Try using your knees.

CRAWL

You are crawling on your hands and knees, carefully feeling your way. You cannot see. Everything is black. Suddenly you hit something solid in front of you. It is cold and wet and barring your way.

TURN LEFT

You turn left.

CRAWL

You are crawling on your hands and knees. You can feel that the floor is getting wetter. There is a faint glow far ahead, and you are beginning to notice the odour of something roasting. It smells good.

STAND UP

You cannot stand up.

STAND UP

You cannot do 'stand up.

But you can do Sit-Com or Rom-Com

Arrghh! HA HA! HA HA :blush: sorry

CRAWL

You crawl forward through puddles of evil smelling what-you-hope-is water. The glow in the far distance is becoming brighter, and the smell of roast something stronger and more appetising.

Suddenly you crawl out into a large room lit by sconces on each wall.

To the North a large ‘river’ is flowing across the room, blocking your progress. The river is too wide to swim across. You see the only exit is on the far side.

On the far side of the river a dwarf is sat on a stool. He is roasting an ox, slowly carving large slices of meat onto wooden platters.

On the near side, a boat is tied up.

A cute little black labrador puppy is sitting in front of the boat. It looks hungry.

NORTH

The cute little labrador puppy turns into a whirlwind of teeth and claws, ripping your trousers and shoes. You feel sharp stabbing pains in your ankles.

SHOUT AT PUPPY

What do you want to shout at PUPPY?

“STOP THAT YOU LITTLE BUGGER!”

The dwarf stands and looks across at you. He seems offended.

The puppy keeps on biting.

SAY TO PUPPY “SIT”

The puppy sits down immediately and looks up at you expectantly with infeasibly adorable eyes.

The dwarf sits down again and resumes carving.

Your ankles are very sore.

[size=150]>>[/size]BUT YOU CAN STILL SIT DOWN
And do sit-com again
[size=150]>>[/size]Ahrrg Ha H…oops sorry :blush:
[size=150]>>[/size]FEEL FOOLISH