Scrivener ne s'ouvre pas

At first, sorry but my english is poor…
After update with High Sierra, my Scrivener2.81 won’t open.
I bought Scrivener 3.2,1 , bu it won’t open too.
Fortunately Scrivener 2,9 works (<3) but it’s a free trial and it will expire in 30 days.
Can you tell me what to do ? I have to work !!!

See the discussion over here: https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-wont-open/93469/7

There’s a link to a fixed version that you could try.

Scrivener 2.9 shouldn’t require a license. If it does, it should accept your Scrivener 2.8.1 license.

Scrivener 3 is a paid upgrade for Scrivener 2 users. You can get the upgrade discount via our store.

Katherine

My bad, Wrong macOS version … Sorry for the confusion, JaneR :blush:

that’s ok, I’got an oooold iMac ! :wink:

Thanks Katherine for your answer. I spend 3 hours to find where is my Scrivener 2.8.1 license, but i bought it in Apple store, so there is no license. Hope that 2.9 will work after one month…

Hmm.

What specifically happens when you try to open Scrivener 2.8.1? The only change between Scrivener 2.8.1 and Scrivener 2.9 involves licensing. As an Apple Store customer, 2.8.1 should be fine.

Katherine

Thanks for your answer Katherine.
when I try to open 2.8.1 there is a message “Scrivener a quitté de manière imprévue” “Scrivener leaves you unexpectedly” and that’ all. I don’t know why.
I had the same message with 3.2.1

I have desinstall 2,8.1 and found in your website that 2,9 works !!!
perhaps I’ve got to :

1. desinstall 2.9
  2. install my 2.8.1 again
  3. upgrade with 2.9 ???

Actually i can work with your free trial, but it will end in few days, And it ask me my license number (I don’t have it because i bought Scrivener in Apple store)

Since Scrivener 3 will work with Mac OS High Sierra, that is the version that we would recommend you use. So my recommendation would be to install Scrivener 3.2.1 – use the test build linked in Dirkhaun’s post – and then send us a support request with the crash report if it fails to open.

It is somewhat surprising that Scrivener 2.8.1 crashes while Scrivener 2.9 doesn’t. As I said, there is very little difference between the two. One thing to try, though, is to reset the project display settings, as explained here:
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … y-settings

Katherine

P.S. If you decide to upgrade, I’d recommend taking a look at our upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users, as Scrivener 3 has some very significant changes. You can find it here:
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide