Scrivener not counting all my words in session counter

Why are only some of my words “counted” by the tracker?

My word counter for session targets seems to be broken, or there is something I need to change in the settings. The session targets are not counting all of the words I write. This is a new problem as of last month. The counter for the entire document IS updating. I’ve poked around the settings to no avail.

Today, my session counter is stuck at 141 even though this section alone (written entirely in the last 20 minutes) is 146 words just by itself. See below.

This is what shows up in my writing history. I don’t know why some words are categorized as “other.” Somehow I need to get all the “other” words to appear as draft words. I thought maybe it had to do with my footnote settings, but it isn’t set to count footnotes, and today I didn’t write more than ~10 words in footnotes anyway. And I don’t use other features like annotations or things like that.

I don’t know what settings you’ve played with, so maybe you’ve tried this already, but just in case:

The Other words would be any words outside of the Draft folder. So you would either have to move those documents into the Draft folder, or if you click Options… at the bottom of the Project Targets window, there are two tabs: Draft Target and Session Target. In Session Target there’s an option to “Count words written anywhere in the project” so your session target isn’t limited to items in the Draft folder.

Thanks! I will take a look and see how my settings look and if I can shift things around.