Scrivener Not Saving

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Scrivener not saving their work? I downloaded the latest version on Saturday morning and happily got on with my writing. Made a ton of progress, made sure I saved it then shut the laptop off for the night. On Sunday I started up again to work and everything I had done on Saturday was gone. Fortunately I had copied and pasted the stuff into a word document for a critique so I still had it. Replaced the old material with the new, saved it and closed Scrivener. Opened it again and once again it was gone. So I uninstalled and re-installed the program this morning hoping that was the problem. Nope, it still does it. :frowning:

I love the program and want to use it but I can’t take the chance that it won’t save my manuscript. Any fixes, words of advice, etc.?

Thanks,

Joan

Hi Joan,

Yes, this has been reported by several people in the Bug Hunt forum. No fix yet, I’m afraid, but Lee’s looking into the reports so hopefully he’ll have something soon. I’m relieved to hear that you at least had a copy of all your work!

If you happen to have any particular steps that consistently reproduce the non-saving behavior, do share. Mostly it just seems an arbitrary thing so far, so we haven’t narrowed it down–sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. But presumably there’s some trigger somewhere, and finding that might help Lee get a solution more quickly.

Thanks!

Thank you so much! Off to Bug Hunt to read the thread. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: