Scrivener note section in inspector how to copy info

In the Inspector window below synopsis obviously is the note section. I can paste into this section, but cannot seem to figure out how to highlight words already there to copy and paste into another document’s note field. Is this possible or am I just missing something?

I can most definitely copy from the Inspector’s notes section:

This is doable using mouse or keyboard (arrows+shift) navigation to select and copy the text.

Is it possible, instead of pasting text, that at some point you inadvertently pasted an image into the Notes section? That’s the only process I can think of whereby you wouldn’t be able to subsequently copy text from Notes.

Best,
Jim

I can copy by running mouse over and click ctrl c and control v, but what I run mouse over does not get highlighted and only see end result when paste into new document. Had not used notes a lot before, just interesting behavior had expected to act more like the synopsis section???

Highlighting Inspector notes works for me, as per my screenshot.

I wonder if this is theme/appearance related?

Try changing File > Options > Appearance > Inspector & Notes > Colors > Notes Background to a different color. Does that help?

If so, then perhaps your Notes Background color is same color as your Appearance > Main Editor > Colors > Text Selection Background setting?

Best,
Jim

1 Like

Jim you were absolutely right on. I had a pale yellow note background and that hit the highlighter and changing to a pale green revealed my bashful highlighter. Thanks.

1 Like