Scrivener stops couting in a project

Hello,

I use scrivener on my mac since over a year now. All worked fine so far. Since yesterday I have a strange problems, which causes some troubles.

I defined a project target. In this Case 320000 chars. Since yesterday the count remains on the same anount despite whatever i write.

The "real time "count on the bottom does work. Also the “live count” in the session. But neither the project target nor the project statistic count up.

I tried to save the project under a new name and quit scrivener and restarted it. But no success.

Hope you can help me!

Regards

Stephan Lamprecht

Hi,

Have you changed your compile settings so that you are only compiling a subfolder or suchlike? If so, if the project targets or project statistics are set only to count the current compile group (which can be set via the options of these panes), then if you aren’t writing in the group set to compile nothing will happen.

If that’s not the case, or if you need me to elaborate further, just let me know.

All the best,
Keith

Hello Keith,

OMG. How embarrassing. Thought I knew the software… blush. I excluded some documents from compiling and exactly this was it. And the very good news… I am not around 100.000 chars behind deadline but only nearly 30.000 :slight_smile:

Thnx for your help.

Regards

Stephan Lamprecht

Hi Stephan,

Glad that helped! By default it’s set up to work this way because it assumes that the Compile settings reflect what will go into the final document, but as I say, you can un-tick “Count documents included in Compile group only” if necessary.

Glad to hear you’re not as far behind as you thought! :slight_smile:

All the best,
Keith