Scrivener thinks I have 2nd monitor attached

I don’t know whether this is unique to 2.0, or whether the problem existed before. I have both 2.0 installed on laptop running Win7 connected to a second, larger monitor at home, and at work I have a Dell running XPProSP2 with a single monitor. I created a Scrivener file on my laptop which was connected to a second monitor. The file was saved when the project was displayed on the external monitor. I brought my portable drive to work (like I do each day). When I tried to open the project, only the left 1/8th inch of the Scrivener screen was visible on the right-hand side of my single monitor. In order to get it to function I believe I will need to resave the file again on the laptop after I move the project from the external monitor to the main screen of the laptop.

There is not enough of the Scrivener screen available to drag it onto the single monitor here at work. I don’t know whether this makes sense or not, so please let me know if you need more information. I will post the results of my efforts to resave on the main screen prior to transporting back to work. This may resolve the issue for the time being.

I can open a new project on the work computer and all is fine, I cannot use the project/files saved when they were visible on the second monitor connected to my laptop at home.

Regards,

Bob

Here’s how to get your window back on the screen: howtogeek.com/howto/windows/ … ard-trick/ :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for the update. I figured it out after NOT taking it lying down :slight_smile: The link provided some more information as well.

Regards,

Bob