Scrivener to Storyist and back again!

Like most everyone else on the forum I have been eagerly awaiting for the iPad version of Scrivener to come out as sometimes its easier to tote the iPad around than it was my old MacBook. However, what I didn’t like was using SimpleNote to make edits away from home. This is simply because it doesn’t allow you to use italics, bold, etc. etc.

With that being said, I found the program Storyist, which was available for both my MacBook and my iPad. I thought I was in heaven! Hence the word ‘thought’. It seemed ok for awhile, but I just became so aggravated with their pre-designed templates, the way things were organized, etc. It just didn’t have the fluidity of Scrivener and the ease of use, plus extraordinary binder.

So, here’s what I did. I packed up my MacBook and my iPad, took them to Best Buy and took advantage of their trade-in feature and ended up purchasing myself a MacBook Air. It’s small like an iPad, but allows the ease of writing that I loved on my old MacBook. Now, I truly am in heaven! And I’m back to using Scrivener. It’s like coming home again! :smiley: I couldn’t be happier and I’m writing every single day!!

When the iPad version comes out I might get an iPad again, but for now, I’m all set!!

Blimey, thank you for choosing a MacBook Air so you can use Scrivener! (I love my MacBook Air 11", I have to say.) As you note, we are working on an iPad version, but I hope you continue to enjoy your MBA!

All the best,
Keith

Oh, you have no idea Keith what a god send both truly are. I also got the 11" MBA and it literally goes with me everywhere! :smiley:

Thanks again, Garrick! Yeah, my MBA is my favourite machine since my original iBook 12" (which was what I started out developing Scrivener on), and in fact it even beats that. These days I have a 27" Mac Pro for development, but all of my writing is done on that MBA11". (Lion, full screen, with Scriv’s preferences set to turn everything grey as soon as I enter full screen.)

Thanks again!

All the best,
Keith