Scrivener User Manual Corrections

I think left and right were mixed up here:

4.1.4 TheBinder
The large sidebar on the right-hand side of the project window is what we call the Binder.

Thanks, that was fixed before already it seems. :slight_smile:

Section 15.5.2 “The Basics of Styles”

I don’t think you meant to use “projects” twice there. I assume you meant “styles” in the first instance?

Thanks! That paragraph has been cleaned up.

The Scrivener project download for Mac downloads the Tutorial project, not the manual.

Do you mean the one labeled: “iOS / Scriv Project / Zip”? If so that’s the iOS tutorial. When the Mac manual is available it will be called “macOS / Scriv Project / Zip”.

Yep - thanks!

Doubled word in S15.5.2: subsection The Styles Panel, list item 4.

“Continuing to the right on the same row you will find two two buttons”

End of next section S15.5.2: link not yet formed:

Got them them. Thanks!

That should be

On page 560 Convert rich text to markdown

Thanks; those have been fixed.

In section 15.6.5 ImagePlaceholderTags

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by hinged. Is this supposed to be “changed using compile settings”?

§20.5 Using Equations with MathType — link to MathType in first paragraph is broken.

Meanwhile, I need to work out why headings are copying without spaces!

I mean that metaphorically, in the same sense you could say “the outcome of the vote hinges upon when the vote takes place”. It is perhaps a touch too idiomatic, I’ll use plainer English.

The link should be fixed—in fact I’ll tentatively say all links should be fixed in the next revision. I did a big sweep for that after being alerted to there being some broken links throughout.

In appendix A.4 page 687, this snuck through

and this on page 398

and again on 829

On page 415

Those two problems have been fixed (and the snapshots introduction in general has been reworked and better proofed).

I’d hold off on reporting any broken links, as mentioned above:

21.4.7 Preserve Formatting

19.1 Formatting a Script in Scrivener

paragraphs in are wrapped with | … text… | | :—– | |

The preserve formatting typo has been fixed there, and also in the What’s New section.

The rogue table formatting is fixed.

Little thing, but in:

The Basics > Get Oriented > Main Interface > The Inspector > Comments & Footnotes

The tip:
Tip: If the comments aren’t open in the inspector and you don’t want to show them, Cmd-click on a comment or footnote to open it in a popover instead of in the inspector.

I think it should be Alt-click not Cmd-click (at least Cmd-click doesn’t work for me, but Alt-click does, and I don’t think I adapted any settings).

Best
Rachel