Scrivener Windows on Samsung Series 7 Slate

Hi,

This may qualify as a feature request for Windows tablets. I don’t want to ask too much of the developers–I’m sure this has been a major effort already to migrate to Windows.

I’ve been trying to use Scrivener on the Samsung series 7 Slate, which uses the full version of windows 7 professional. Scrivener doesn’t seem to like it. Whether via touch or a stylus, the program is erratic.

I imagine few of us use this technology in combination with Windows. Combining the extraordinary handwriting recognition technology (sorry, & as a Mac user, too–no contest) with Scrivener would be fantastic for someone who like to use the old handwriting metaphor. That works in Scrivener, but pointing to places that I want to edit or add to is hit and miss.

Problems happen when trying to position the cursor–it’s worst the pen goes to the first line, the top of a “document.” I wind up with a blinking cursor in the title. Also, moving between text & other “panes” in other programs seems fine, but not in my favorite program, Scrivener.

I’m using the latest version of Scrivener Windows with 4gb memory and an i5 processor.

–Ed

…and, I see from my post ( composed it on tablet) that deletions over-reach–probably a combination of not paying speedy enough attention to speedy highlighting when navigating the text.