Scrivener won't let me update. Getting Error

When I click on the Help Menu and click on “Check for Updates”, I get a popup window stating that “no active network connection found. You need internet connection to check for updates”. But obviously I do have internet connection as I am able to surf the web and log into your forum to post. I currently am running Scrivener for Windows version 1.2.1.0. Plz help. thx.

This was a bug in the 1.2.1 update that was subsequently corrected. Just download and install the latest version, 1.2.5, directly from the website (for a cleanest install, you can uninstall the existing version on your computer first; your projects are saved externally to the program, in your Documents folder by default, so they won’t be affected). The auto-updater was fixed in 1.2.3 so that should be working for you again for the next update.

Hi. I downloaded scrivener from the website a couple of months ago and am having this issue.

The program says I am using version 1.2.1.0

The website does not say which version of the program is available for download.

Since I just got the program a few months ago, from this website, I am not sure what has happened. Can someone point me to the right download?

The current version is 1.9, so you’ve got a much older version. Try clearing your browser cache (usually under the Options or Settings) and then downloading the Windows version from this page. The trial version is the full verison, just with the 30-days-of-use time limitation; if you’ve already registered Scrivener on your machine, it should recognise that and not prompt you to re-enter the information. If it does not, however, just copy and paste that same serial name and number from your original order confirmation in your email. If you can’t find that, you can retrieve it through eSellerate’s After Purchase services or contact us at salesATliteratureandlatteDOTcom providing the email address you used to purchase Scrivener and we’ll look it up for you.

Thanks. This got me to the latest version :slight_smile:

Has anyone run into this problem?

I updated to the latest version. Opened my project. Accepted the prompt to update that to the newest version. Opened the project. Found all of my folders and files but all of the TEXT IS GONE!

Any ideas on how to remedy this? I’m not getting an answer from my forum post or my support email. Any help would be appreciated. :smiley: