Scrivener won't open project that's been zipped

Hi everyone,

I’m working with a colleague on a Scrivener project, we both own the latest Scrivener version. Last night, I zipped an mailed the project to myself on my colleague’s computer to carry on working on my own Powerbook. I’ve unzipped the project and it looks fine, but Scrivener won’t open it. There’s no message of any sorts, Scrivener opens okay but the project isn’t there. Console says the following:

21.01.09 12:57:35 Scrivener[255] An exception was thrown during execution of an NSScriptCommand…
21.01.09 12:57:35 Scrivener[255] *** -[NSBigMutableString replaceCharactersInRange:withString:]: nil argument

Any ideas? Thanks!

js.

Eek. That looks like a bug, but I thought I’d squashed all areas of code that could cause such a bug ages ago. Which version of Scrivener are you using (check the Scrivener > About window to find out)?

If you are using 1.11, 1.12b or 1.50b, could you please send the zipped up project to support AT literatureandlatte DOT com so that I can take a look?

Thanks,
Keith

Hi Keith,

I’m using version 1.11, as is my colleague. The zipped project is on it’s way. Thanks for looking into this! BTW: the project is a one-man comedy show that premieres tomorrow. Scrivener has been a huge help in researching / writing / arranging the material. That saved hours of work, litres of coffee and metres of nerves. Thanks again!