Scrivener won't open

Yesterday everything was fine. I saved (backed up) my work and closed Scrivener. Today when I click on Scrivener icon, nothing happens. I looked at the processes, and it’s there, consuming memory, but there is no window. When I click one more time, another process appears, but still no window. When I end the process and try opening a specific project, nothing happens again. I don’t know what to do.

Possibly due to the existence of multiple .scrivx files within the .scriv project folder, also referred to as “conflicted”. Can arise from use of cloud backup/sync services and possibly other things. DropBox was the only recommended/compatible such service for some time. There may be one or two others, but most are not.

See the following thread (disregard the mention of Macintosh).
https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/windows-version-cant-open-a-mac-file/25713/1

Hope that is of some help. If not, post back and hopefully someone else can assist.

Thanks, I thought about that. The problem was in a corrupted file. I don’t know how it turned out to be corrupted, maybe bacause of the conflict you referred to, but as soon as I removed it from the “Docs” folder, the program started woking fine. Fornunately I had a good copy in the Backup folder, so no harm done. It’s just got me really scared, and didn’t give a warning (anything like "One of your files is corrupted and can’t open). I almost re-installed Scrinever. Anyway, problem solved. Maybe it will help someone.