Scrivener won't restart after install [024]

This was happening in prior versions and I thought I wrote it up before but I cannot find it amoungst all of the other posts and versions, so I am writing it up here in 024.

I let the application do the uninstall itself and when the screen popped up to tell me that it was complete and did I want to view the read-me and start the app, I unselected the read-me and continued (with whatever the button is: ok, continue, etc) but it did not start on its own. I just restarted the laptop and only an Internet Explorer page to Scrivener’s web site was open.

I reinstalled to see if the read-me would pop up and it did, but oddly enough after I closed the read-me, I got a message that I did not get the first time, which wanted me to restart my computer in order to finish the installation.

So, I will go restart and play with this and see if I get the same results after I restart. If anything behaves differently, I will update this post.

Thanks,
D

PS… I finally got the templates to come up in this version. Looking forward to tinkering with them.

Thanks for the post. (I moved this out of the Known Bugs thread so that we could have some follow up discussion without it getting lost.) What version of Windows are you running? Did you install 024 on top of 023 or did you uninstall 023 first?

The request to restart the computer definitely is not normal–did you happen to have other Windows updates running? They usually go in the background, and if you’re set up to download and install Windows updates automatically you won’t normally see this happening, but if a restart is required Windows will pop up the warning box to let you know. It sounds more like that was happening and it just coincided with your Scrivener testing, but let me know if you have further details on this.

Thanks!

ok… this is the 4th and last attempt this morning to post a reply to this post. Each time I try to attach the doc, it wipes out my text, of which I failed to copy each time, thinking the next time it would surely work. So… attaching this reply first to see if it is the doc that is causing the problem.

Ok… appears to be the file. Who can I email this file to? I have drop box account too if that is the required path. I will update this post once I get this blasted attachment sent. Need some sleep right now. But in short, same problem as prior versions, still won’t start. Need to do one more test to see if I get the restart message once I have read the readme. More later.

Thanks,
D

ok… I guess the reason my doc would not post is because I went to do the last part of my test, which was to view the Readme as well as allow the launch of Scrivener. Well, as soon as I did that, the launching has worked perfectly. How weird is that? I really hate the self healing applications that just start working for no apparent reason, but I am glad that it is fixed now.

So this issue can be closed now.

Thanks,
D

Glad it’s working for you, even if it is mysterious. On previous installs, did you use the “Check for Updates” from within the program?

No, I did not use the Check for Updates function. So is there a problem with the Check for Updates? Better vehicle to update? I am not sure I know where it is located. I am guessing in the Help function. I can try / test it on the next install.

When is the next release due out? If it is not for a while, is it possible for me to install the prior version and then check for updates? Do you have the prior versions out on the web?

Let me know.

Thanks,
D