Scrivx - missing chapters HELP!

Sometime last year, some of my files became scrivx files. When this happened, certain chapters became missing so often I just had to go to an older scriv file and open it.

Now, there is a bigger problem. I just bought a new Macbook Air and transferred files from my iMac. Now it seems most of the files are scrivx on my the Macbook Air and have missing chapters,

I haven’t a clue what I did to make the scrivx files and don’t know how to recover the missing text except to go to a different file, then copy and paste. This is really scary

The Scrivener “file,” .scriv, is really a folder, with subfolders and potentially hundreds of component files. The .scrivx file is the master index file for the .scriv package.

On the Mac, this structure is normally hidden. You should only see the .scriv folder. If you’re seeing the .scrivx file, there are a couple of options:

• You are using the Finder “All Files” view. For some reason known only to Apple, it shows you the contents of package formats like Scrivener’s. It’s confusing and I don’t recommend using it unless you understand what you will see.

• OS X has “forgotten” that Scrivener knows how to open .scriv packages, and so it is showing you the full folder structure.

• The project has been damaged in some way, and so you don’t actually have the whole thing. Since you just bought a new computer, it’s entirely possible that something went wrong in the file transfer.

Do you still have access to the iMac? If so, please do this:

• On the iMac, open one (and only one) project in Scrivener. Use Scrivener’s File -> Backup -> Backup To command, and back the project up to a USB key or other removable drive.

• Connect the USB key to the Macbook Air. Using Finder, drag the project from the USB key to the Desktop or Documents folder on the MBA. Open it, and confirm that it works properly.

Also, does the MBA have mac OS Sierra’s Desktop and Documents iCloud feature turned on? It is very problematic – and not just for Scrivener projects – for reasons discussed in detail here:
9to5mac.com/2016/10/27/opinion- … nightmare/

Katherine

Thanks Katherine. Much appreciated