Search collection sorting

Hi all. I’m using Scrivener 2.4.1 on MacOS 10.5.8. I have a question about sorting a search collection in outline mode. I use one of the metadata fields for status (i.e., “needs work”, “good”, etc.). I do a search on a different metadata field, and then view those results in the outline view. This allows me to sort the outline by the status field, so I can look at, for example, all the “needs work” files listed together. It’s not clear to me what the secondary sort order is; initially the outline is sorted by Title (as in the binder), but after I sort on Status, within each status category there seems to be no secondary ordering (it’s no longer ordered by Title within status, for example). This seems to cause problems when I change the Status of one file in the outliner. Not only does this move the file to the new Status category in the outline (as it should), but it also re-sorts the files within each Status category, again in an order that I can’t make heads or tails of. Since I often use this outline to move down the list file by file, I’ve now lost my place. Is there a way around this (or, better, to specify a secondary sort column)?

Thanks for any help.

-A