Search not working

I have tried the quick search Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 10.28.42.png and the Ctrl-F search Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 10.30.11.png and cannot get either to actually find any results despite there being text that should match it Screen shot 2011-11-30 at 10.31.15.png

The text was imported from a excel >> csv file & I wondered if that was the problem so I tried creating another document within scrivener with text “button” included. Still nothing. Can you help with a diagnosis process so I can get this basic function working again.

Many thanks

What are your other settings in the project search? If you have something like “Search Draft Only” set and the document isn’t in the Draft folder, it won’t come up. For the other document search, it’s only set to search the selected document–do you have the particular document selected and displayed in the editor when you run it? It looks like you do, but that’d be the first thing to double-check.

I was quite clear that what I was searching for was there and the settings were all appropriate.

I have however uninstalled and reinstalled and resolved the problem. Not altogether happy with that because it always makes me nervous but seems to be ok