Section7 (NiaD 2014)

Section7_med

She’ll get her story, unless it gets her first…! November 2014, London. When journalist Lerner Jones is recruited by agents from the mysterious MI7, she uncovers a deadly terrorist plot she must risk everything to stop.

Get a free copy of both versions here:
epub (Blue)
mobi (Blue)
PDF (Blue)

epub (Red)
mobi (Red)
PDF (Red)

All of the versions were compiled using the Mac version of Scrivener. You can download the Scrivener project (which includes all the chapter briefs sent out to participants) from the link here: Section7- Scrivener Project

Along with the compile settings use to produce the books here.
Note that ‘as is’, these settings have meta-data for the ‘red’ version of the book. These can be changed to ‘blue’ or colours/details of your choosing in the meta-data section of the compile pane.

Two versions of the book were produced, “Blue” and “Red”

BLUE WRITTEN BY:
Lee Powell, Claire Woodier, Astrid Stevens
Victoria Griesdoorn, Vania Guzman, Michael Bywater
Rodrigo Seisdedos, S.R. Martin, J.C. Rock,
Tammy Coron, Curtis Beaird, Montrée Whiles
Tim Edwards-Hart, Laurence Ramsey, Julia Pierce
Megan Nanfito, Eric Christiansen, Rainey Cloud
A.L. Maher, J.D. Eckstrom, Sue Cowling
Kimberlee Gerstma, M. Peyton Culbertson, Nils Cordes

RED WRITTEN BY:
Alisia Faust, Barry Lees, Aiden Dunfield
Mike Devitt, Waleed Ovase, Adela Torres
Ioa Petra’ka, Lia La Chapelle, Elle Dechene
Jaysen O’Dell, Matt Tobin, Keith Blount
Graham B. Stewart, Anton Rasmussen, Chanel Blake
Megan Nanfito, Greg Ray, Linda Weeks,
R. Dale Guthrie, Emma Lindhagen, Noé Ramalleira Fernández
Pete Becker, Keith B Walters, Theonlygolux

Love the cover art. In fact, the covers are always great.

Yay, how exciting! Gonna start reading it tonight. Great cover!

lol, you spelled my name wrong. Nice cover.

Excellent cover design. This process really shows off Scrivener. I’m looking forward to reading " Section7."

LEM, so sorry about that. I have now uploaded a fresh version with your name correctly spelt.
In fact all the files have now been updated to give the two versions of the book different meta-data (so as not to confuse your ebook if you upload both) and with a small colour flash in the bottom right-hand corner (so as not to confuse you).

The Scrivener project file now contains the plain as well as the blue and red tagged versions of the covers should you wish to comply your own.

I’ve also uploaded the Mac compile settings used to produced the book (link in the first post).
Note, that ‘straight out of the box’ these compile settings will have meta-data for the RED version, but you can change those to Blue (or any colour of your choosing) in the meta-data compile pane.

Congrats to all.

Thanks for sharing the Scrivener project: offers such an insight as to how NiaD works. The simplicity you achieve belies the amount of effort that creating such a story and a multi-authored writing project must involve. Ingenious and inspiring.

Have skim read both versions. Like the purple one. The continuity in terms of both style and story is remarkable.

Well done, MI7fender et al :smiley:

Thanks, Rog. :slight_smile:

Thank you Rog, what an amazing person you are, and all your hard work is much appreciated

Has anybody finished the book yet? I’m reading both of them side by side, currently in chapter 8.

I think consistency and continuity has improved significantly since last year. pigfender is getting better at this every time!

No comments so far. :open_mouth: I guess everyone is full time at NaNoWriMo these days… 8)

I’m still reading book blue, yet to start red. Averaging a chapter a day, I’m only half way and yet to reach my own chapter… :blush:

I’m savouring it! 8)

Instead of indulging in Black Friday I’ve put the extra time off to much better use: finishing Section 7!

And I have nothing but praise for everybody involved – both versions of the novel hung together and were great fun to read. (Makes me triply sorry that life wouldn’t let me play this year.)

Since I couldn’t decide which to read first, I read them in tandem: Chapter 1 Red, then Chapter 1 Blue, then Pigfender’s synopsis for Chapter 1, and around and around. This really highlighted the different strengths the writers brought to bear – an amazing show of how much individual creativity could blossom in the face of what looks like such a strait-jacket.

Again, congratulations to all who contributed to the project, most especially to the Hero Behind the Scenes of it all! Fingers crossed it will happen again next year.

Just noticed this book never got a logline or teaser! Seems a shame. Any chance of such at this point?

Sure!
Logline and teaser competition! Winner gets to see their log line and teaser used in the above post (and a couple of other places on the internet too).

MY BID:

Logline:

“She’ll get her story, unless it gets her first.”

Teaser:

November 2014, London. When journalist Lerner Jones is recruited by agents from the mysterious MI7, she uncovers a deadly terrorist plot she must risk everything to stop.

Hot on the heels of gr’s online version of Marshal Law, he’s kindly produced a similar imprint of last year’s NiaD! Re-visit your old friends Lerner Jones and Nathan Bearfield in Section7.

Thanks gr!