Select all pages/files in a folder: how?

I use Scrivener on the Mac, but I have a few students who are using Scrivener on Windows.

One of the things I do all the time is to create a folder that represents a webpage. I then add several pages (via “new text”) to the folder to chuck the writing for one webpage. (All writing uses Markdown.)

On the Mac I can select the relevant folder, go command-A to select all the text on all files in the folder, and then move on to my web design software to paste it in. However, it seems Windows users can’t do the same (using control-A), it seems you can only select one file at a time, but not all files in a folder.

I think I must be missing something: a key setting or technique. How do Windows users select all content (in Scrivenings mode) inside a folder? (I realize it’s possible to compile, but that’s not needed for this particular kind of usage, just a simple copy/paste.)

I may not have described the situation in the best words. Inserted is a screenshot showing that I can do this in Mac, but as far as I can tell I can only select one file/page at a time in Windows (not all pages/files in a folder). True or not?

This is one of the areas in which Windows Scrivener still lags behind the Mac version. It seems that the version of Qt that was available when LAP set about programming the Windows version didn’t allow selection across document boundaries in Scrivenings mode in the way that the Mac programming environment does. From what has been said in various threads in these forums, version 3 for Windows—there will be no version 2—uses a new version of Qt and the aim is to achieve parity with the Mac version 3. We are all hoping that Mac v. 3 will be out in the next few months, but Windows v. 3 won’t be out until a few months later.

Your students will have to be patient, I’m afraid.

Mark
(Neither a programmer, nor a member of the team, just a long-term user.)

Mark:

Thank you very much for the explanation. That’s too bad, but at least now we know that it’s a limitation within Scrivener (for the moment) and won’t try to look around for a solution when none exists at this time.