Selection of ALL footnotes and their formatting ALL at once

Is it now possible, and how, to select the texts of all footnotes and apply formatting on all of them at once? By formatting I mean not only justification, bt also the main and most common font and text based modifications.

With inline footnotes being a part of the main text you can just use the Documents/Convert/Formatting to Default Text Style… menu command. Otherwise it has always been possible to right-click on selected footnote tiles in the Inspector and convert their formatting to defaults.

I need to work with footnotes, not with inline footnotes or inline annotations. It is possible to change anything in single footnotes, one at the time. What I am asking is if it is possible to select all footnotes at the same time, and apply text and/or format changes to all of them at the same time. For example, if I need to change the word Meta in Metha, I would like to do it on all notes at once, and not searching the word and apply the change in each single note, one at the time. In the same way, it would be very useful to change the style of a certain word, for instance, into Italics, in all notes at once. I was asking if these functions are possible now, as they were not possible one or two years ago.
Of course, it is obvious I would appreciate these functions because I usually work with very large bodies of footnotes, and I need to see them while I am working on the text body.

As mentioned, all you can do with linked footnotes is select them in bulk in the sidebar, right-click, and reset their formatting to default from the contextual menu. There is no way to search and replace text only inside of a selection of them, or to implement formatting like you might do with text in the editor, by selecting stuff and then using the ruler or what have you. If you want detailed search & replace and formatting control, it sounds like inline footnotes might do you better. They can always be converted back and forth as needed depending on what you are doing, with the Format/Convert sub-menu (if you wish you can back up the text before converting it with the snapshot feature). You may be under the impression these are something other than footnotes, but they are both the same thing, providing two different ways of visualising footnotes in the text, and can be used in combination with each other or exclusively one way or the other. They each have their own pros and cons, and batch text manipulation is definitely not a pro when footnotes are off in the sidebar.

I missed that part of your question. That isn’t possible in the main text editor either, and there are no plans on the road ahead for anything like that. Maybe some day, but search and replace that involves formatting is considerably more complicated to do than basic text search, even just from the standpoint of building the UI.

Many thanks for your response. I will try and see if I can effectively use inline notes instead than footnotes in the Inspector.