separate file view

I apologize if this has been covered. I’m deep into my dissertation these days and it’s on Mellel (all 292 pages of it!) right now. So I haven’t been able to keep up with things as much nor play as much as I’d like with Scr.

Am I right in assuming that the separate window view for a file is a thing of the past? (where you could double click on an entry and get it in a separate window all by itself?) I’m assuming that full screen is meant to take care of that need? Or am I missing something here?

I’m not sure it’s going to a huge deal to me with Scr. as it has with other programs, given how Scr. is set up. I just wanted to confirm that this feature is not part of the new Scr.

Alexandria

You are right. I have long said that this would not be part of Scrivener 1.0, and it won’t be coming back in the foreseeable future. That is not to say that it will never come back, but at the moment Scrivener is set up a single-window app. This keeps things much simpler to track, less buggy and makes it easier to add new features as there is less to track. Primarily, though, it is a design decision: the single window is supposed to keep things less cluttered. That is also why there is much more of a focus on sheets this time around rather than panels.

Makes sense, and the way Scr. is set up, like I said, I don’t know that I’ll really miss this feature. So far I’ve not ‘reached’ for it when working in Scr. as I have in other apps like Mori and DT.

Thanks for clarifying!

Alexanria

There are times when I like to have three documents open at once, but not terribly often. I figure in those times I’ll just set up a vertical split, take my working document full screen to the left, drop the opacity down and have at it. With a smaller monitor, it would probably be more difficult, but then a “third-wheel” window would be just as crowded.