This might be related to [LH4030] and I don’t really know how to explain this because I can’t figure out a common thread when testing this, but here goes
First noticed it when I split a file and then moved the just-split file to Trash. The Session Target lowered, but not by the amount of words in the moved file. The file I moved was over 100 words, but the Session Target reduced by something like 60. When I returned the file to the manuscript folder, the Session Target returned to the actual wordage.
So I tried to figure out when this happens. Here are some tests that just leave me confused:
- The Session Target did NOT change when I moved other files to Trash (normal files that were created in previous sessions and weren’t cut from another file).
- Created a new file. Added 200 words to it, then moved it to Trash. Session Target reduced by 200 (as expected).
- Split that new file in half. Moved 100 words into Trash and Session Target reduced by 100 (as expected).
- Moved a different file to Trash that was cut from a file. It was 127 words and the Session Target ADDED 39 words. What the what?! Moved it back to Manuscript and Session Target returned to expected word count.
- Moved a different file that was cut from a file. The Session Target was at 700. Moved the 549 word file to Trash. Session Target changed to 161 (except 700 - 549 = 151).
So that’s why I couldn’t figure out the common factor.