Session target progress bar

To what extent this is possible, I have no idea, but I would love if the discrete progress bar that shows up for specific document targets would also show up for session targets. I love love love being able to keep an eye on my progress without obsessively checking the specific numbers (visually I find keeping the project targets window open distracting), but for the way I write, session targets are much more useful than document targets.

(On a far more superficial note, I love the way that Ulysses handles the progress meter visually, with a circle that gets filled in rather than a bar. I would be thrilled if Scrivener implemented something similar.)

Thank you so much!

Hi,

In our next major update, it will be possible to see the session target progress bar (and/or the draft progress bar) in the main window, and not just in a floating panel, which is what I assume you are after. We won’t be implementing anything like the Ulysses circular progress bar, however. Although I agree it is visually striking, I don’t actually like that approach to progress bars, as it takes up a lot of unnecessary space and is very in-your-face. So the progress bars will remain rather subtle, but easy to see.

All the best,
Keith

Fantastic, thank you so much!

Ah, nice to hear that. Useful!

Much, much later it occurs to me that I wasn’t clear with what I meant about how Ulysses handles the progress bar. I’m not interested in this giant beast:

But I really love this tiny one, which lets me keep an eye on my progress without being distracting:

For Scrivener, the way I had envisioned it was, instead of having the progress bar right next to the Targets button, have the Targets button double as a progress bar.

Thanks again for your prompt response, Keith! I am incredibly excited for Scrivener 3.0.

Ah, okay, well don’t worry - the progress bar I’ve implemented is fairly subtle. Think of the loading progress bar you get underneath the address bar in Safari…

All the best,
Keith

Can’t wait…!