Session target resets (seemingly) randomly

Since I started NaNoWriMo this year, my session target in Scrivener resets itself unexpectedly. I have it set to reset at midnight, but on several occasions it has reset much earlier (or later - I don’t often write after midnight, so I have less evidence of this). So far the only pattern I’ve noticed is that it seems to happen shortly after I use the new “Update NaNoWriMo word count” option (which is a great feature, btw!) and/or switch Spaces to check my stats on the NaNoWriMo website. I’m not using the official Scrivener NaNoWriMo template as I already have a project template customised to my preferred setup - I set a target date of 30th November and a word count target of 50k, as per the instructions online. I’m on version 3.2.3 (14869).

ETA: it happened again just now, but differently. I had typed a few notes in my manuscript, then clicked on the ‘Switch User’ icon in the top right of my screen - I write in a different user account to reduce distractions from email, etc. Just as the screen changed, I saw a “target has been reset” alert slide out from the notifications corner, and when I dismissed the account switcher screen, the count of words I had just typed had indeed gone back to zero.

I suspect Scrivener sees switching users as ending a session.

That’s possible, but it doesn’t just happen when switching users. It’s also happened when I switch to another Space, e.g. to check the NaNoWriMo website in my browser. It’s more like Scrivener assumes that if I’m doing something other than interacting with it, I must be done for the day and it’s time to start over - which is not the desired behaviour!