Session Target: unusual „day time“

Hello there!

First of all: Thank you, dear developers! For the first time ever, I feel that I wouldn’t be able to blame the used software if I cancelled a writing project again.

Just one question: am I the only one who has—let’s say rather unusual times to be awake and write? And thus, whose day does only start at 12pm theoretically? It is possible to automatically reset the session target at midnight. Unfortunately, it seems that midnight is during my usual writing time. :blush:
Is there any possibility to set the reset time to my alarm clock time—the time, my actual day starts or do I have to train my mind to click the button manually?

(I’m sorry for my English, I’m not a native speaker.)

Best wishes and thanks for reading!

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

There’s no way to set a different time for the automatic reset while writing, but you can change the setting so that you either manually reset it or have it reset when you close and reopen the project. Or you can just have it reset on the next day the project is opened - which is probably what you want. With that, the target would stay as you pass midnight, but then you close it and open it later in the day and it gets reset. Go to Project > Project Targets and click on the “Options…” button. You’ll find these options under the “Session Target” options:

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Keith

I customized these settings before. But I don’t close my project at all (it always rests on a separate full screen, ready to go), so these options don’t affect me. I probably need to remember to click reset once a day, then. Thank you anyways, still the best piece of software I licensed right now! :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m sorry, I just saw that there’s even a wish list section. Let’s assume I wished this low priority feature, should I still open a topic in there now that you read that?

Hi,

No, there’s no need to post a topic there as well seeing as you’ve mentioned it here. :slight_smile: I think it would be overkill to have a time setting for this feature, sorry.

All the best,
Keith