Session target word count

Hi, I’m doing NaNoWriMo this year and I discovered yesterday that I’ve been cheating a little bit!

I usually bring up the target and session counter to reach the goal of 1667 words per day.
Yesterday though, I noticed that the session counter goes up even when I write notes in a few documents that I have in a folder for notes.
I unchecked the “include in compile”-box for all documents inside the folder and for the folder itself, but still the word count goes up in the session target. So in other words every day I’ve been writing a little less than my daily target!
Is it possible for the session target to just count the words that are part of the actual draft?

Many thanks in advance. Loving Scrivener so far. There is no way I can live without it now.

Cheers!

I know this may be a silly question, but did you un-check the “Documents included in compile only” checkbox on the Project Targets pop-up window? It should be checked.

Yes, that box is checked but seems to apply only to the draft target, not the session target.