Session word/character counts

Hi! Loving Scrivener so far, and using it for NaNoWriMo. I was noticing recently that the statistics window, where you can enter an overall goal (50,000 words for NaNo), there’s a check box to exclude words from the count that aren’t in the Manuscript section of the binder.

Is there a way that the word counts for the current session could also exclude words typed into non-Manuscript documents, such as the Research or Notes folders?

sorry if this is a double post. I couldn’t find my attempt to ask this question yesterday

Hi,

This has come up before, but the forums are difficult to search given that the most likely search terms are usually ones that come up in all sorts of contexts throughout the forum, so you always end up with a billion unrelated results, unfortunately.

Anyway, to answer your question, I recently added this for version 2.0, which will be out next summer (if you’re in the northern hemisphere, that is; if you’re in the southern hemisphere, it will still be out, but it will be winter…).

Thanks for trying Scrivener.
All the best,
Keith

Excellent! That will be terrific for my next NaNoWriMo novel. Until then, I’ll have to content myself with all of the other features and customizations that are making this year’s novel easier to keep on track. Good luck with finishing up 2.0, I’ll gladly pay the upgrade fee for it when the time comes.