Session Word Count Target

There was one point in the Beta process where the Project Targets would track not how many words were written in the session, but carry over how many words written from midnight to midnight during the day. I was wondering if that’s still a feature of 1.0 or if that was kicked. If it is, how do I enable it (really useful for Nano).

For example if I write 100 words at my lunch break, project targets will say I’ve written one hundred words. Shutting down my computer and coming back to it later, it would remember that I’d already written those words earlier in the day and reflect that progress bar even though Scrivener was closed out. It doesn’t do that anymore.

Yes, I do recall it working that way for a while. There is an even split between people who want it to work the way it does now, and people who want it to keep track between sessions and reset at a defined point—and with the latter you’ve also got people who want it to reset at different points in the day rather than midnight, and finally those who don’t want Scrivener to ever reset it and use the button to handle things manually. So more options will be coming in time, for this. Right now it’s a coin flip though as to which is “better”.

So what you’re saying is that it is the way it is for now, but in the future there will be an option for that to change. No problem. Of course, it’s not like that’s a big deal to get working for the Windows version (not like all the corkboard refinements including the freeform mode, quick-reference panels, customizable meta-data, and inspector annotations/footnotes that mac users have). I was just wondering if there was a way to set it in the program since it was a feature during at least one of the betas. Anywho, thanks again for the input, and for the coolest piece of software since Photoshop. :wink:

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. :slight_smile: Hang tight, there will be more options than you can shake a stick at in here, eventually. You’ll even be able to set a deadline and have it calculate your daily goal off of that, and tell it you don’t write on Sundays, too, while you’re at it.

Thanks for the high praise!

Uh, well, there are some people who I know who would consider writing fiction innappropriate for Sunday behavior :unamused: . I just had to chuckle when I read that last part.

I just picked a random day, but I suppose you are absolutely right!