Set "Page View" per Document

Hi there, Brand New User here.

My ideal layout is two columns on a landscape-oriented page. I’ve browsed the forum and it seems like that feature is reserved for the Compile stage.* That said…it seems like I can hack it by selecting Page View > Show Page View > Two Pages Across, which gives me something that looks quite similar to my ideal layout. It would be PHENOMENAL if I could set the view this way for some of my documents, but not all of them. Is that possible, or do I need to manually select/deselect the view each time I want to create a two-column look?

Thanks very much for your help!

*And the reasons given have made perfect sense; they just don’t apply to my particular process/needs.

You’re right, that’s just a view setting you can turn on for the editor. That gives you a little flexibility there in that one split can be set to page view and the other left in standard mode. I’m not sure if you want to bother with managing which documents are loaded into which split, or if you even have the desire to have splits always open, but that would be a way to go about it.

I hadn’t thought about working around it with splits. It might be a bit cumbersome, but it’s an interesting suggestion and one I’ll play around with. Thanks for your help!

You could set it up with splits as per Ioa’s post, save that and your basic non-split arrangement as layouts (look under the Windows menu), assign shortcuts to the two layouts if you wish. That way you can shift backwards and forwards easily between the two layouts as required at any time.

Mr X